Supporting a gifted child
is often challenging.
During the school year, IEA offers complimentary monthly gifted support group meetings featuring experts on various aspects of gifted youth. Sharing experiences with parents and educators who interact with gifted kids has proven to be enormously helpful.
IEA Gifted Support Meetings
• Learn the theory and application of a holistic approach for gifted children
• Meet, share with, and learn from other parents of gifted children
• Get in-depth information on a variety of topics related to gifted youth
Past topics have included:
• Characteristics and identification of the gifted child
• Social and emotional needs of the gifted child
• Gifted assessment
• Classroom strategies for the gifted student
• Public policy in gifted education
• School selection for the gifted student
• Personalized teaching and learning
To see upcoming gifted support group meeting topics and details, please visit the Upcoming Events page of our website.