The Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to supporting our nation’s most talented young people in identifying and developing their full potential.
IEA is seeking a program coordinator who will work with the executive team and program staff to help implement quality supplemental programs for gifted students and develop community partnerships.
The ideal candidate is confident, detail-oriented, has excellent communication skills, is experienced with problem solving in a work environment, and is able to focus on the big picture. He or she is a self-motivated individual who enjoys being part of a team, is interested in working with gifted students and families, and is committed to the long-term success of IEA’s program goals and constituents.
Job responsibilities include:
- Believe in and work towards actualizing the mission of IEA;
- Support partnerships with local schools and organizations to identify and serve students of all backgrounds;
- Assist with the coordination, development and implementation of in-person and online academic enrichment programs for gifted high school students;
- Coordinate IEA’s attendance at national conferences and other networking and professional development opportunities, keeping up-to-date with new opportunities for connection;
- Support the recruitment of qualified students from diverse backgrounds;
- Provide onsite and online management of classes, workshops, clubs and other program offerings;
- Maintain positive relationships with parents and students and provide timely communication with program constituents and partners;
- Assist with the planning and execution of an annual seminar that gathers the high school-age recipients of a merit-based scholarship and their parents
The successful applicant will possess the following characteristics, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Three years’ experience working with children in an educational setting, experience working with gifted students and/or a STEM education background is a plus;
- Well-developed organizational, project management, multitasking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Skilled with Microsoft Office;
- Experience with FormAssembly and/or Salesforce a plus;
- Team player with the ability to multitask when needed;
- Ability to adapt and be flexible under changing circumstances;
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- A passion for and interest in gifted education.
Salary Range: $53,000 – $63,000
This is a full-time, exempt position located in Pasadena, CA. This role will be primarily onsite.
Interested persons should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Coordinator – Enrichment & Outreach”.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.