The Institute for Educational Advancement
(IEA) is seeking an operations professional to support the administration an operations of the organization. The Senior Operations Manager will work closely with the President, Executive Assistant and Office Manager to implement programs and services for gifted K-12 students and their families.
Job responsibilities include:
- Oversee all operations of the non-profit, ensuring they are carried out with excellence in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Oversee and develop operational management systems, Customer Relations Management and processes and best practices to ensure all data is accurate and secure
- Collaborate with leadership to prepare and maintain annual budget
- Managing accounting, bank processes and investments
- Create financial reports
- Oversee annual audit and tax filings with accounting firm
- Work closely with the development office
- Ensure the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Oversee payroll and HR
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- Support DEIB
- Oversee administrative team
- Oversee facilities maintenance and improvement
- Oversee purchasing of materials and inventory
- Collaborate with leadership to build an environment of collective responsibility and accountability
- Support program design and implementation as needed
The successful applicant will possess the following characteristics, skills, and abilities:
- At least 4-5 years of previous work experience as an Operations Manager or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Experience budgeting and forecasting
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Engagement platform (Account Engagement/Pardot) or other CRMs
- Proficient in Windows 10 OS, Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) / O365.
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations is a plus
- A passion for and interest in gifted education
Salary: $77,000 – $89,000.
This is a full-time, exempt position located in Pasadena, CA.
Interested persons should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
The Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA)
is a national non-profit organization dedicated to supporting our nation’s most talented young people in identifying and developing their full potential. IEA believes that, in order to fully actualize their abilities, children require strong academic and personal development programs provided by skilled educators, administrators, and professionals. IEA is not limited to one approach to learning and seeks the best strategy for each individual child. As one of the nation’s leading organizations for gifted and talented youth, we are committed to the whole child, inspiring students to grow and find balance among all five aspects of self: intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, and physical. www.EducationalAdvancement.org