Academy Program Assistant
The Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting our nation’s most talented young people in identifying and working to reach their fullest potential.
IEA creates and implements initiatives that encourage healthy development of gifted young people intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically and spiritually. IEA advocates for and provides opportunities designed to promote academic rigor, excellence, self-confidence, enthusiasm for learning and moral responsibility.
IEA serves students nationally and is based in Pasadena.
IEA is seeking a Program Assistant who will work primarily with Academy program staff to implement quality supplemental programs for gifted and advanced K-8 students.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and outgoing self-starter who has experience supporting gifted programs through teaching, mentoring, and/or curriculum development. He or she is a team player who can work autonomously with guidance and is committed to the long-term success of IEA’s mission, program goals and constituents.
- Work with the Academy Team and program staff to implement IEA’s year-round academic enrichment program for K-8th grade students
- Serve as Saturday support staff while Academy is in session
- Assist in the implementation and staffing of program events and workshops
- Provide general classroom support including preparing teaching resources and serving as a teaching assistant when necessary
- Serve as front-of-house IEA staff member as needed to ensure smooth and timely operation of classes
- Assist with record keeping, data entry and collection, materials development, and program research
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year of teaching experience
- Proficient computer skills including Windows 7 or higher and Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing to work weekends as needed during Fall and Spring sessions
- Two years of teaching experience with gifted or advanced students.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or CRMs
- Background in STEM fields or STEM education
This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Academy Program Assistant”