Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to supporting our nation’s most talented young people in identifying and developing their full potential.
IEA is seeking a marketing and communications professional to work with and broaden our network of participants, alumni, parents, partners, donors, and gifted educators, and expand our outreach to include national media outlets and organizations working with the gifted community.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for strengthening IEA’s public image through public relations efforts, social media outlets, online and print advertising, issuing press releases, publishing blogs and other content creation.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working with the outreach team to identify and coordinate exhibiting and speaking opportunities at local and national conferences, community events, etc.
- Implementing marketing strategy and developing and executing marketing tactics, including segmenting messages to target audiences
- Tracking, measuring, and reporting IEA’s web traffic and social media stats, often using third party platforms such as Google Analytics and Meltwater
- Maintaining IEA’s website, educationaladvancement.org, and blog
- Drafting and submitting press releases as needed for IEA programs and policy initiatives
- Sourcing and submitting print and online advertising and managing all external communications, including creating content for e-newsletters, marketing materials, online articles, blog, and website
- Nurturing and growing IEA’s existing social media communities, including regularly sourcing and posting relevant content on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and blog, and investigating new social media platforms as they become available
- Helping build team knowledge of SM and marketing efforts and working with team members to create content
The successful applicant will possess the following characteristics, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required; BA in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing preferred
- At least 1-2 years of previous work experience in marketing, communications, or public relations
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience managing social media platforms and performance metrics (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn), including creating short video content
- Demonstrated success at building online communities
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience working with WordPress or a similar platform to manage website
- Ability to pull and manage data to enhance marketing efforts, both digitally and in print
- Ability to manage editorial calendars and track budgets
- Proficient in Microsoft office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook
- Well-developed organizational, time management, multitasking, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations
- A passion for and interest in gifted education
- Facebook/Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite and SEO experience preferred
- Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop, Publisher or other graphics programs a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
This is a full-time, exempt position located in Pasadena, CA.
Interested persons should submit cover letter and resume. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.