Office Manager (Pasadena)
IEA is seeking an Office Manager to assist with the management and coordination of office operations and activities to support the organization’s president and staff.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, proactive, organized, tech-savvy, reliable, detail-oriented, and able to focus on the big picture. He or she is an effective communicator, is motivated to learn new concepts and processes quickly, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. He or she is committed to excellence, is a team player who can work autonomously, and can demonstrate leadership in resolving problem situations and technical issues. He or she is interested in working with gifted students and is committed to the long-term success of IEA’s program goals and constituents.
- Coordinate all aspects of the organization’s administrative support functions including, reception, office organization and maintenance, record keeping, light bookkeeping, and oral and written correspondence
- Manage and organize office operations and procedures, including but not limited to, information management, filing systems, supplies, and staffing
- Answer, record, and route incoming calls
- Maintain office calendar and meeting schedules
- Assist with coordination of event planning
- Schedule travel arrangements for president and staff
- Prepare reports and recommendations as requested
- Perform general accounting functions
- Update and support the maintenance of the data management system
- Support the maintenance of office records and files, both e and paper
- Negotiate and maintain contracts with vendors and service providers as needed while staying within budgetary restrictions
- Coordinate the maintenance and upgrades of facilities
- Order and maintain office equipment, supplies and inventory
- Support HR by coordinating interviews, reviewing applications and training new employees in office policy and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three or more years of office support experience, including light bookkeeping
- Tech-savvy and proficient in Windows 10 OS, Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity and comfort with Salesforce or other CRMs a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must have exceptional organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and innovate
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations preferred.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position located in Pasadena, CA.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume via email.
At the Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA), we believe that, in order to fully actualize their abilities, children require strong academic and personal development programs provided by skilled educators, administrators, and professionals. IEA is not limited to one approach to learning, but seeks the best strategy for each individual child. As one of the nation’s leading organizations for gifted and talented youth, we are committed to the whole child, inspiring students to grow and find balance among all five aspects of self: intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, and physical. www.educationaladvancement.org