Please note: A user must become a member of the IEA Application Portal to start an application. If you are new to our system select “not a member” and create an account. The first person to create an account must be a parent. Once the account is created students can create their own contact within their parent’s account and start the EXPLORE application.
If you have any issues with the portal please send us an email to email@example.com
In order to be considered for the program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a rising 10th, 11th, or 12th grader
- Must be under the age of 18 for the duration of the program
- Be highly motivated, high-achieving
- Have an interest in pursuing an advanced topic through an in-depth course of study
Some sites require students to be of a minimum age or meet certain prerequisites; these requirements will be listed with the site description.
IEA utilizes our portfolio-based application to determine eligibility and to match qualified applicants with the most appropriate sites and mentors. Applicants will be required to submit the following:
- General Application Info
- 2 Reflective Essays
- Sample Work
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- Current Unofficial Transcripts
- Most Recent Standardized Test Scores (if available)
- Professional Resume or Brag Sheet
Session I: June 15–July 3, 2020
Session II: July 6–July 24, 2020
Sessions I + II: June 15–July 24, 2020
Session III: July 20-July 31, 2020
*Mandatory Program Orientation Required: Sessions I & II on Saturday, June 13, 2020 Session III on July 18, 2020
Note: Each Mentor Site has varying dates of participation. Review the Sites & Mentors webpage for specific program dates for each site.