IEA is seeking a full-time Records Assistant who will work with the executive team and program staff to help develop and implement quality supplemental programs for gifted elementary, middle, and high school students.
This position is responsible for maintaining accurate and complete information regarding the organization’s program participants and donors, assisting in the implementation of workflow processes and procedures to support the collection of data, creating and updating forms and reports through an online database, and communicating with cloud-based constituent database vendors. The Records Assistant supports the daily operation and maintenance of the CRM/database, fields CRM/database-related support inquiries from employees and clients, and assists with daily data entry and report generation.
The ideal candidate is confident, detail-oriented, has excellent communication skills, and is experienced with problem-solving in a work environment. Able to synthesize complex and diverse information, collect and research data, and implement workflows and procedures with an eye towards the big picture, they are a self-motivated individual who enjoys being part of a team, is interested in working with gifted students and families, and is committed to the long-term success of IEA’s program goals and constituents.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work with program staff to deliver year-round supplemental programs for gifted youth, which may include some evenings and weekends
- Support functions include record-keeping, data collection and entry, document management, program research, invoicing, and data organization
- Assist staff in maintaining databases and other data entry needs, verify accuracy of data by identifying and eliminating inaccurate data, incorrect record formatting, etc.
- Assist with processing student applications and tuitions
- Respond to incoming questions regarding customer accounts, interface with appropriate staff and clients to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data
- Communication with schools, vendors, and other service providers to ensure accurate records
- Follow established guidelines or staff requirements to appropriately handle source documents; files, distributes, or returns source documents after data has been entered
- Provide the team with timely reports regarding program and donation information
- Light bookkeeping, as necessary
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of three years’ data or office support experience
- Experience working with CRMs, familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Organization, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient computer skills, including Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe
This is a full-time, non-exempt position located in Pasadena, CA.
Interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
At the Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA), we believe that, in order to fully actualize their abilities, children require strong academic and personal development programs provided by skilled educators, administrators, and professionals. IEA is not limited to one approach to learning, but seeks the best strategy for each individual child. As one of the nation’s leading organizations for gifted and talented youth, we are committed to the whole child, inspiring students to grow and find balance among all five aspects of self: intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual, and physical. www.educationaladvancement.org