IEA STATEMENT REGARDING COVID-19 AND CURRENT PUBLIC HEALTH CONCERNS
*We will be updating this landing page as new information is released. This page was last updated on March 25, 2020 at 8:09 am PST.
Dear IEA Families,
We are all experiencing a new way of operating in our world depending on where we live, work or go to school. It is our sincere hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy as we face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic together.
In response to California’s “Stay at Home” order, the dedicated and supportive team at IEA has moved to operating remotely. This action will assist in maintaining the well-being of our staff while remaining a productive organization. Our devoted staff is working to provide the best possible programs and services to assist our community in finding ways to connect and engage during this unique time. Here is a link to IEA’s staff roster with staff members’ program affiliations and direct contact information. Please reach out if you have any questions or comments. We will get back to you as soon as we can. Each of you remains in our thoughts.
Summer Programs and Applications:
Applications are still open for IEA programs. We understand that in some circumstances it may be challenging to access transcripts or other school documentation at this time. If you find yourself in this situation, please submit the most complete application possible by the due date below for each of our programs. More specific information regarding each program can be found on that program’s web page.
• Summer Academy Early Bird Deadline is Tuesday, May 5, 2020. The regular application deadline is Wednesday, May 27, 2020.
• Caroline D. Bradley Scholarship Applications are due Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 11:59 pm PST.
• EXPLORE Applications are due Friday, April 10, 2020.
• Yunasa Applications are due Wednesday, April 8, 2020.
SAT and ACT Testing Information
Considering the postponement of the SAT and ACT testing dates, we understand that not all Caroline D. Bradley Scholarship applicants will be able to provide current SAT or ACT scores by the extended deadline of April 15, 2020. We encourage students to submit their application as complete as possible. Please note that CDB applicants will not be penalized if they are unable to submit SAT or ACT test scores.
• All Spring Academy classes are transitioning to an online environment starting Monday, March 23rd. Members of the Academy team will reach out to you directly with instructions to complete online coursework.
• We are also canceling all Academy classes at Field Elementary School and Sierra Madre Elementary School in accordance with the Pasadena Unified School District closures.
• The LABS Workshop originally scheduled for Saturday, March 21st is also postponed. All future LABS workshops will move to an engaging online format.
We are aware that the COVID-19 outbreak has created an extremely stressful time for our society and world. This is a new challenge for all of us, but working together we can create a safe space for our IEA community to continue to grow intellectually and personally, while still maintaining safe social distancing. We have developed the following online resources for your families to utilize while isolating at home.
IEA’s Online Resources
• Virtual Learning LABS on the IEA Blog: IEA will be sharing short virtual learning labs to our community on the IEA blog over the coming weeks.
• IEA’s Social Media Pages: IEA will be posting daily academic activities on our Instagram and Facebook profiles. Follow us at @ieagifted on either platform to participate.
As we continue to monitor and follow recommendations from the CDC, WHO, and state and local officials, we will share any developments that affect our students, families and staff. IEA is very thankful for your continued support and look forward to the time we can all be together in person. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Wishing you, your family and friends well,