IEA at a Glance:
• IEA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We rely on the support of foundations, corporations, and individuals like you to provide our programs and services for bright, deserving young minds. To contribute, click here.
• IEA serves highly able, creative children ages 2-18 nationwide. Independent of government funding, IEA has the flexibility to provide customized programs that match individuals’ unique gifts and talents with the most appropriate mentors, schools, and other learning resources to maximize each student’s intellectual and personal development.
• We work with children to identify and foster their individual talents and abilities while supporting the holistic development of the whole person in an environment of compassion.
• IEA is an advocate for all gifted students. Giftedness occurs in every culture and every ethnic and social group, and our participants are diverse with regard to race, culture, socioeconomic background, gender, age, geography, and educational background.
• There is a great deal of misunderstanding when it comes to gifted youth. IEA gives voice to these children, dispelling myths and educating the public on the facts about gifted individuals.
• Since its inception, IEA has directly served more than 3,600 children and their families and has trained more than 1,500 educators.
• These children bring a complexity of thought to home and learning environments that often requires specialized programs and services to meet their unique needs. IEA addresses these needs in three ways: