2020 Program Details
To be notified when information about 2020 Explore Program information, please sign up for our email list and indicate an interest in EXPLORE.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Check the Sites and Mentors page for site specific details.
Session I: June 15–July 3, 2020
Session II: July 6–July 24, 2020
Sessions I + II: June 15–July 24, 2020
Session III: July 20-July 31, 2020
*Mandatory Program Orientation Required: Sessions I & II on Saturday, June 13, 2020 Session III on July 18, 2020
Note: Each Mentor Site has varying dates of participation. Review the Sites & Mentors webpage for specific program dates for each site.
Due March 30, 2020
The new Application Portal will open soon! For questions about the EXPLORE application or program please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below to download an EXPLORE Application. Applications must be received by March 30, 2020. Please email completed applications to email@example.com
In order to be considered for the program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a rising 10th, 11th, or 12th grader
- Must be under the age of 18 for the duration of the program
- Be highly motivated, high-achieving
- Have an interest in pursuing an advanced topic through an in-depth course of study
Some sites require students to be of a minimum age or meet certain prerequisites; these requirements will be listed with the site description.
Session I: $975
Session II: $975
Both Sessions I & II: $1,950
Session III: $850
Scholarships and payment plans are available to students in need, and financial concerns should not discourage any student from applying. Please contact the Program Manager, Megan Figueroa, at Explore@educationaladvancement.org for more information.
Program Fees cover:
- Weekly college and career workshops and excursions
- Orientation Day and Culmination Ceremony
- Matching mentee with a mentor
- High-quality mentoring experience
- Laboratory and/or materials fees
- Direct support from IEA staff throughout the duration of the program
- Personalized e-portfolio upon successful completion of placement
IEA utilizes our portfolio-based application to determine eligibility and to match qualified applicants with the most appropriate sites and mentors. Applicants will be required to submit the following:
- General Application Info
- 2 Reflective Essays
- Sample Work
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- Current Unofficial Transcripts
- Most Recent Standardized Test Scores (if available)
- Professional Resume or Brag Sheet
Students must provide their own transportation to and from their work site, weekly excursions/workshops, orientation days, and the final culmination ceremony. IEA staff would be happy to assist with navigating and making recommendations for transportation options and routes.
Students are responsible for securing their own lodging for the entire duration of their program session.