Supporting a gifted child
is often challenging.
During the school year, IEA offers complimentary monthly gifted support group meetings featuring experts on various aspects of gifted youth. Sharing experiences with parents and educators who interact with gifted kids has proven to be enormously helpful.
How to Prepare Gifted High Schoolers for the College Process
Speaker: Kate Duey, Certified College Consultant and Founder of Admissions Planning, LLC
Thursday, September 20th • 6:00 p.m.
540 South Marengo Avenue, Pasadena, California 91101
Kate Duey is a Certified College Consultant and the founder of Admissions Planning, LLC. Kate will discuss about the special issues facing gifted students and their families during the college search and application process. She has worked with IEA supporting gifted students since 2009 and has a wealth of knowledge about their unique challenges and their wonderful potential. Kate has a BA from Harvard College and an MBA from Harvard Business School. She earned College Counseling Certification from the University of California, Los Angeles. Kate is a member of the National Association of College Admission Counselors, the Western Association of College Admission Counselors, and the California Association for the Gifted.
IEA Gifted Support Meetings
• Learn the theory and application of a holistic approach for gifted children
• Meet, share with, and learn from other parents of gifted children
• Get in-depth information on a variety of topics related to gifted youth
Past topics have included:
- Giftedness IQ Testing
- Homeschooling Parent Panel
- Accelerated Gifted Education
- Enhancing the Emotional Functioning of Gifted Children
- Exploring Non-Traditional Education Options in a Standardized World
- Gifted Resource Swap and Play Date
- 2E Panel
- Emotional Freedom Therapy
To see upcoming gifted support group meeting topics and details, please visit the Upcoming Events page of our website. Questions or would like to suggest a speaker or topic? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.