Supporting a gifted child
is often challenging.
As parents and educators, it can be difficult to understand how best to meet the complex needs of gifted children. During the school year, IEA offers complimentary monthly Gifted Support Group meetings featuring professionals who are experts on various aspects of gifted youth. These meetings provide support and community, a venue for shared discovery, and a space to exchange resources and ideas. Sharing experiences with other parents and educators who interact with gifted children has proven to be enormously helpful.
In order to assist the widest range of families, we will be livestreaming the meetings on our Facebook page, unless otherwise noted.
IEA Gifted Support Group Meetings
• Learn the theory and application of a holistic approach for gifted children
• Meet, share with, and learn from educators and other parents of gifted children
• Get in-depth information on a variety of topics related to gifted youth and education
Past topics have included:
- Giftedness Identification & IQ Testing
- Homeschooling Parent Panel
- Accelerated Gifted Education
- Enhancing the Emotional Functioning of Gifted Children
- Exploring Non-Traditional Education Options in a Standardized World
- Gifted Resource Swap and Play Date
- Twice-Exceptional Parent Panel
- Emotional Freedom Therapy
To see upcoming gifted support group meeting topics and details, please visit the Upcoming Events page of our website. Questions or would like to suggest a speaker or topic? Email Niña Abonal at firstname.lastname@example.org.