While gifted youth make up 5-7% of the total student population, 75% of these young people receive little to no services. Gifted children are underserved and underfunded, and together, we can help them.
IEA’s expertise in the field of gifted education is to create nurturing, enriching experiences that foster each participant’s intellectual and personal growth. This exceptional population of children is often underserved by traditional educational programs. IEA benefits the whole child through optimally matched programs and impacts gifted children through respectful, positive interaction in a safe and supportive environment.
• Provides gifted youth with opportunities for support, growth and community – regardless of their background.
• Provides scholarships for families who do not have the financial ability to pay for services that meet their child’s intellectual and personal needs.
• Keeps tuition low to make programs and services for gifted youth less cost-prohibitive.
• Funds high-quality teachers, mentors, educators and experts so they can be a resource for students and families.
• Provides resources, online and in-person, for families and teachers of gifted children to help them meet the needs of these exceptional children.
In 2016, the Institute for Educational Advancement established the Taya Scholarship Fund to celebrate the life of one of our dearest Yunasa campers. Taya’s compassion and empathy touched many of her peers and staffers alike, and as a result her friends and family funded this scholarship to honor her impact. Every year, the scholarship funds are used to cover the tuition of one camper that may not otherwise experience Yunasa summer camp. We strive to honor her life by providing enriching experiences for the whole child, encouraging growth and providing emotional, spiritual and intellectual support for our campers.
To further honor her legacy, we arranged to have a tree bearing her name planted at the camp. It continues to grow to this day, where it reminds us to lead a life of kindness and appreciation for those we love.
To donate to the Taya Scholarship Fund, please use the form below and mention the fund in the comments box. For more information about the Taya Scholarship Fund, contact us at IEAgifted@educationaladvancement.org.
Don’t miss out on these tax benefits in 2020! Use the form below to donate today.
Alternatively, you can make a donation by check payable to Institute for Educational Advancement. Checks can be mailed to: Institute for Educational Advancement, 569 South Marengo Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91101
To make a donation over the phone, please call our office at (626) 403-8900.