While gifted youth make up 5-7% of the total student population, 75% of these young people receive little to no services. Gifted children are underserved and underfunded, and together, we can help them.
IEA’s expertise in the field of gifted education is to create nurturing, enriching experiences that foster each participant’s intellectual and personal growth. This exceptional population of children is often underserved by traditional educational programs. IEA benefits the whole child through optimally matched programs and impacts gifted children through respectful, positive interaction in a safe and supportive environment.
• Provides gifted youth with opportunities for support, growth and community – regardless of their background.
• Provides scholarships for families who do not have the financial ability to pay for services that meet their child’s intellectual and personal needs.
• Keeps tuition low to make programs and services for gifted youth less cost-prohibitive.
• Funds high-quality teachers, mentors, educators and experts so they can be a resource for students and families.
• Provides resources, online and in-person, for families and teachers of gifted children to help them meet the needs of these exceptional children.
The Taya Scholarship Fund was created in 2016 through the support of Taya’s family and friends to honor Taya and recognize her compassion and empathy. Taya, who passed away in 2016, cared deeply about others and in particular, had a profound and wonderful impact on the lives of those she touched at IEA’s Yunasa summer camp. We strive to honor her life by providing enriching experiences for the whole child, encouraging growth and providing support of campers socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically and intellectually. The Scholarship identifies one camper each year that might not otherwise benefit from the Yunasa experience, and covers their tuition. To donate to the Taya Scholarship Fund please use the form below and mention the fund in the comments box. For more information about the Taya Scholarship Fund, contact us at IEAgifted@educationaladvancement.org.
Alternatively, you can make a donation by check payable to Institute for Educational Advancement. Checks can be mailed to: Institute for Educational Advancement, 569 South Marengo Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91101
To make a donation over the phone, please call our office at (626) 403-8900.