It’s hard to believe June is right around the corner (where did the year go?) and we are so excited to kick off the first of three Academy sessions this summer! Whether you are new to Academy or still deciding, check out this list of reasons why you should sign up today:
- Where else can you find amazing classes such as Hacker Calculus, Zoo Design, Geochemistry and Create and Rule Your Own Country? Our schedule is packed with inspiring, creative and one-of-a-kind offerings for bright students that you won’t find anywhere else. Click here for the full list.
- We also have three Shelagh Gallagher curricula! This summer, we’ll be offering Black Death, It’s Electrifying: Fueling the Future and The Penguin Predicament. These curricula are NAGC award-winning and her past offerings are always popular. They utilize problem-based learning (PBL) approach and allow students to take on roles, help solve problems and navigate real-world situations.
- Our instructors are top-notch! Not only do they provide outstanding enrichment, guided inquiry, and incredible content, but they also bring with them impressive backgrounds and experience: JPL, CalTech, USC, The Natural History Museum, The Huntington Library, UCLA, MIT and much more.
- At Academy students love to learn! This isn’t summer school – it’s summer enrichment, packed with peers that value learning for all the challenge, new perspectives and flat-out fun it provides. Interested in meeting like-minded peers? Join us this summer!
- Rockets, explosions and dissections – oh, my! Academy classes are hands-on and designed to promote building, construction, tinkering, art, experiments, role-playing and debate. As the saying goes, we’re not afraid to get our hands dirty – and neither should you!
- More than just classes: we offer free community events throughout the summer, such as student-led workshops, movie nights and an open house – and who knows what else might pop up? Our Learning Center is the perfect place not only for classes, but for meeting new peers and parents through fun and engaging events and activities that allow for socialization, games, free play and conversation.
- New science lab! Have you heard? The Learning Center now has a science wet lab, complete with science equipment and technology, sinks, workstations and lab tables and stools. We’ll be utilizing this space for the first time this summer and couldn’t be more excited to engage in scientific inquiry in an authentic environment.
- Two words: 3D printer! Our Hacker Calculus course, running for the first time this summer, will include use of the printer and building visual models of calculus concepts and equations.There are still spots available in sessions II and III!
- Here, There Be Dragons! Our Dungeons and Dragons course is running in sessions I and III and spots are still available. Historically one of our most popular courses, this class engages students in fantasy, decision making, leadership, social skills and strategy. Don’t miss out on your chance to embark on the many exciting journeys of this class!
- Flexible schedule: We offer four classes per session for each of three age groups – and the choice is up to you! From just one class to a full-day option, you can customize your schedule to best meet your interests and learning needs. The Academy Team would be happy to answer any questions and discuss the different course options with you, so please don’t hesitate to give us a call: (626) 403-8900.
We look forward to seeing you at Academy this summer!
The Summer Academy application deadline is May 29. Click here to learn more and to submit your application today.