Educational Holiday Gift Ideas
By Amber McClarin, Enrollment Coordinator
At this year’s National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) Conference in Albuquerque, NM, I participated in the Julia Robinson Mathematics Festival. Teachers, parents and other conference attendees like myself, learned about educational tools, new advanced learning techniques and how to collaborate with each other all while playing games. This STEM event popped into my mind as I thought about what gifts I’ll be giving this holiday season.
There is no shortage of games and puzzles that are intellectually stimulating; Pylos, Quoridor, and the classic Rubik’s Cube are all examples of mentally challenging and fun games. Below you can find a variety of educational toys and games to consider giving to a gifted child this holiday season.
- Botley: A robot ready to code right out of the box.
- Happy Atoms: Build, scan, and identify molecules. It’s advertised as the simplest way to learn about atoms, bonding, and chemistry.
- Sound-Activated Light Blocks: Imagination takes light with these Lego-compatible light blocks.
- Symphony Musical Toy Orchestra for Kids
- Kiwi Crate: Curate engaging art or science gift boxes for every age and interest.
- Lego Make Your Own Movie Activity Kit: Makes stop animation easy!
- Archi-TECH Electronic Smart House: For the future architect
- ROBOTIME 3D Wooden Treasure Box Puzzle: Unique model kits to build mechanical engineering
- Think Box Inventor’s Kit
- For inspiration, perhaps consider creating artwork using Rubik’s Cubes, as seen here.