The New IEA Website: A Resource for You
If you visited the IEA website or blog before 2015, you probably notice that the website you see today is strikingly different. To cap off an amazing year, we launched a new website at the end of 2014. We hope that our new website will be a place where you can find helpful information and the best resources pertaining to gifted youth.
Here are a few highlights featured on the new site that you may find helpful:
- The redesigned Gifted Resource Center (GRC), a newly updated search engine that allows you to find the best resources related to highly able youth, including resources on the following topics: advanced learning and curriculum, articles and media, gifted organizations, programs, services, testing, assessment, counseling, scholarships, contests, schools, and twice-exceptional gifted children
- Overview of giftedness and gifted youth, including common characteristics of gifted children and a glossary of terms
- Explanation of IEA’s approach to providing programs and services for highly able youth
- Recommended articles and books related to gifted youth
- A calendar of events, including our free Los Angeles area gifted child parent support group meetings
- This blog, located directly in the website and always available at www.educationaladvancement.org/blog
- And of course, information about IEA and our programs and services for gifted youth
We want this website to be a useful tool and resource for you. If there is anything you are wondering about that you don’t see, or if you have a favorite resource that is not here, please let us know. We would love your input in providing a website that has value for parents, educators, and gifted individuals like you!