If you visited the IEA website or blog before 2015, you probably notice that the website you see today is strikingly different. To cap off an amazing year, we launched a new website at the end of 2014. We hope that our new website will be a place where you can find helpful information and the best resources pertaining to gifted youth.
Here are a few highlights featured on the new site that you may find helpful:
- The redesigned Gifted Resource Center (GRC), a newly updated search engine that allows you to find the best resources related to highly able youth, including resources on the following topics: advanced learning and curriculum, articles and media, gifted organizations, programs, services, testing, assessment, counseling, scholarships, contests, schools, and twice-exceptional gifted children
- Overview of giftedness and gifted youth, including common characteristics of gifted children and a glossary of terms
- Explanation of IEA’s approach to providing programs and services for highly able youth
- Recommended articles and books related to gifted youth
- A calendar of events, including our free Los Angeles area gifted child parent support group meetings
- This blog, located directly in the website and always available at www.ieastaging2.wpengine.com/blog
- And of course, information about IEA and our programs and services for gifted youth
We want this website to be a useful tool and resource for you. If there is anything you are wondering about that you don’t see, or if you have a favorite resource that is not here, please let us know. We would love your input in providing a website that has value for parents, educators, and gifted individuals like you!