By Jane Laudeman, Development Manager
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” Winston Churchill
At the Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA), donors are important members of our community because their donations play a major role in making it possible for IEA to transform the lives of hundreds of gifted children each year by helping them to reach for their full intellectual and personal potential. Donors are vital to the life of all non-profit organizations and most will agree that their giving is not just about making a donation, but about wanting to make positive difference in the life of an organization they care about.
One of the most significant ways that a donor can support an organization is by becoming a recurring annual donor that an organization can count on each year for support. At IEA, our recurring donor group, the NAUTILUS SOCIETY was founded in 2000 by generous donors committed to the long-term success of IEA. Members of the NAUTILUS SOCIETY pledge to donate annually to IEA for three consecutive years and show their continued commitment to supporting gifted youth through our unique programs and services. Annual pledge donations large and small are welcomed. Every gift makes a meaningful difference. Sustained annual funding from these donors allows IEA to focus directly on serving bright young people, many of which are overlooked and underserved.
Annual donations to IEA play a significant role by helping to:
- Provide gifted youth with scholarships and opportunities for support, growth and community to meet their intellectual, personal and financial aid needs.
- Keep tuition low to make programs and services for gifted youth more accessible.
- Fund high-quality teachers, mentors, and experts so they can be a resource for students and families.
- Provide supplies, technology and equipment needed for advanced teaching and learning experiences.
- Provide resources online and in-person for families and teachers of gifted children to help them meet the needs of these exceptional young people.
Experience the joy of giving by joining the Nautilus Society and helping to ensure that IEA is able to continue providing its award-winning programming to all gifted youth who need our services. Nautilus Members are recognized annually in our donor listings, annual report, and in the lobby of IEA’s headquarters in Pasadena, CA.
You can learn more about ways to support IEA and become a member of the Nautilus Society by clicking here.