By: Beth Goldstein
“You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax all you need is a book!” – Dr. Seuss
IEA kicked off our Read-a-Thon just over a week ago! Since then we have held our kickoff event, our first game of trivia, and we are getting set for our first round of virtual book clubs. In times like these, our IEA family is more important than ever. The IEA Read-a-Thon is a time to connect, share, fundraise, and read together.
We know not everyone is in a position to give right now, but if you are, we appreciate any amount that you’re able to give to support this fundraiser. Our goal is $20,000 and we are already over 25% of the way there!
It is not too late to join! Check out the IEA Read-a-Thon kickoff video and follow these simple instructions to join one of our four IEA fundraising teams!
1. Go to the IEA Givelively fundraiser page.
2. Click on “I Want to Fundraise for This.”
3. Click on “I Want to Join a Team.”
4. Choose which team you wish to join and create an account.
5. Build your personal fundraising page; add a photo, your personal statement, and your fundraising goal.
Finally, start sharing your fundraising page! And please join us for our upcoming book clubs!
Click on the title of a book to register for its book club:
Saturday, October 3
• A Wrinkle In Time by Madeline L’Engle
• The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
• Matilda by Roald Dahl
• We Have No Idea: A Guide to the Unknown Universe by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson
Saturday, October 10
• Holes by Louis Sachar
• Apollo 8: The Thrilling Story of the First Mission to the Moon by Jeffrey Kluger
• Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
• Wonder by RJ Palacio
While we are not physically able to be together right now, our virtual community is coming together to learn and grow. Thank you for your support so we can continue to support gifted children and create nurturing, enriching experiences that foster all aspects of each participant’s intellectual and personal growth.